Manhattan, NY 10036
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
First Class Mechanic Description
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates 24 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurants, North River Lobster Company and La Barca Cantina.
We are searching for a full-time, skilled First Class Mechanic to be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing our broad range of equipment and vehicles.
· Perform precisions repairs to mechanical equipment and devices, preventive maintenance, minor lubrication, welding, rigging of tools or equipment.
· Troubleshoots equipment, identifies problems and performs effective repairs.
· Evaluates used part to identify changes to improve equipment performance installs, adjustments and alignments for maximum performance.
· Perform the work on each repair order with efficiency and in accordance with state and factory standards.
· Notify management immediately if there are more problems than you thought.
· Keep your work space maintained and can account for all tools at all times.
· Complies with all safety rules, permits, policies and procedures.
· Understand federal, state, and local regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Participate in all required staff meetings and trainings.
· Help maintain and promote a high company moral, professional, and friendly work environment.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Mechanic or Technician.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• General mechanical skills
• Excellent dexterity skills as well as patience, creativity, good judgment and an eye for detail.
• Ability to pass a background check and drug test
• Must be able to life and/r move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
• Physical demands include frequently standing, walking, crouching, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and supervisors.
• Hard working and motivated