New York, NY 10036
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Greeter Job Description
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates 24 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurants, North River Lobster Company and La Barca Cantina.
We are searching for a full-time, seasonal Greeter who is responsible and highly motivated to work closely with the Field Operation Managers. Responsibilities for a Greeter include but are not limited to customer interactions, working with customers to determine their needs and providing them with information. Under the direction of the Field Operation Manager, they will work closely together to engage customers and to strive for the best experience for all customers.
· Greeting passengers and customers that approach the area.
· Provide customers information regarding prices, availability of cruises and any inquiries.
· Ensures the New York Water Taxi Pier area and booths are properly maintained and stocked with necessary items.
· Helping passengers with modifications or cancellations of their existing reservations.
· Announcing when the board process begins.
· Impact the company’s bottom line by problem solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers
· Work with management to stay updated on any changes and company policies.
· Create new clientele by attracting customers.
· Actively sell our services by communication general information regarding our products and services including locations along with scheduled departure times.
· Perform all opening and closing procedures.
· Maintain awareness of all New York Water Taxi and Circle line products and services.
· Review daily cash/cred card receipts, secure and oversee the transfer of monetary sums.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience in Hospitality or related industry.
• Energetic, friendly and strong customer service/interpersonal skills
• Courteous, friendly personality, and professional appearance.
• Ability to work in a structured environment and adhere to attendance policy.
• Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to stand, bend, squat, and walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and/or carry 20-30lbs.
• Must be able to work outdoors at times during inclement weather.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Experience in handling portable cash and credit machines preferred.
Bilingual or multilingual is a plus.