New York, NY 10036
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Ticket Agent Job Description
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates 24 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurants, North River Lobster Company and La Barca Cantina.
We are searching for a part-time, Ticket Agent who is flexible, self-starting, hard-working and an organized individual to work closely with the Ticket Office Manager. Responsibilities for a Ticket agent include but are not limited to booking tickets for cruises, special events and groups, providing customers assistance and information. Under the direction of the Ticket Office Manager, they will work closely together to engage customers and to strive for the best experience for all customers.
· Greeting passengers and customers that approach the counter.
· Provide customers information regarding prices, availability of cruises, any inquiries and tour information.
· Book any tickets for cruises, special events and groups.
· Maintain the bank and a count of passengers.
· Helping passengers with modifications or cancellations of their existing reservations.
· Accepting payments from customers and handing the ticket along with the receipt to the customer.
· Confirming passenger’s information.
· Informing passengers of any changes or delays regarding cruises.
· Announcing when the board process begins.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have 1-2 years working in a fast paced environment and cash handling experience.
• Customer service focused
• Courteous, friendly personality, and professional appearance.
• Ability to work in a structured environment and adhere to attendance policy.
• Basic computer and office equipment knowledge.
• Strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Gateway/ Galaxy Ticketing system is preferred.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.