New York, NY 10036
Director of E-Commerce
The Director of E-Commerce will oversee the daily execution of marketing strategies to drive acquisition of customers for New York Cruise Line’s five brands.
Working with both agency and internal partners, s/he will be responsible for the day-to-day performance of digital marketing channels, including Natural Search, Paid Search, Email, Affiliate, Display, Retargeting and some aspects of Social Media. The E-Commerce Director will work closely with the technology team as well as cross-functionally with brand marketing, creative, sales, finance, and customer service. This is an exciting opportunity to be a digital leader at an established industry-leading brand.
· Grow Digital Acquisition & Revenue: Direct responsibility for driving traffic, conversion and ROI for all digital acquisition channels, including paid search, natural search/SEO, affiliate, remarketing, display, email and some social media.
· Manage Agency Performance: Supervise external agency relationship for key channels including paid search, natural search/SEO, affiliates, remarketing, social media, and display; review agency reports and run internal reports to monitor performance and seek improvement opportunities.
· Develop Demand Generation process: Working with agency and internal creative teams, develop user journey to engage and qualify prospective customers to become brand advocates.
· Contribute to Product Development process: Working with technology team, develop product enhancements for NYCL’s five consumer-facing websites to increase conversion rate, prioritize projects to ensure that high leverage opportunities are
· Oversee Forecasting & Reporting: Manage monthly and weekly forecasting and reporting at channel level for traffic, revenue, spend, ROI and other performance KPIs.
· Maintain Constant Level of Optimization: Constantly seek optimization and growth through performance analysis, A/B and multivariate testing, customer segmentation, creative partnership, landing page optimization and more.
· Drive Digital Innovation & Shift to Mobile: Serve as internal digital marketing thought leader; helping to identify digital marketing trends, new technologies, evolving best practices, competitor activity, and testing opportunities that help drive the business.
· Support Omnichannel & CRM Strategies: Support digital strategies to drive brand growth from an omnichannel strategy including geo-targeting to boost box office sales.
· Develop Acquisition Campaigns & Partnerships: In partnership with brand marketing, ecommerce and CRM teams, identify and lead large-scale, multi-channel, 360 acquisition campaigns – potentially with third-party partners.
Key Skills / Qualifications
· 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing role, preferably travel ecommerce or retail, with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
· Strongly KPI oriented: acquisition, conversion, ROI
· Strong understanding of all aspects of digital marketing and analytics, especially paid search, natural search, affiliate, display, retargeting, email and social
· Experience with and knowledge of mobile marketing and mobile trends
· Experience managing agency relationships
· Experience developing and executing robust marketing partnerships to drive acquisition
· Strong proficiency in digital trends and best practices
· Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and innovatively
· Robust quantitative skills including forecasting ability and ROI analyses – demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solving and deliver recommendations
· Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver
· Excellent presentation, project management, and communication skills
· Proficient MS office user, especially Excel
· Experience with HubSpot or other CRM tools preferred
· Strong proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Ads, Microsoft Ads and Facebook Ads Platforms.
ABOUT NEW YORK CRUISE LINES
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates over 20 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi sightseeing and transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurant, North River Lobster Company.
Circle Line (circleline.com)
New York Water Taxi (nywatertaxi.com)
The BEAST Speedboat (thebeastnyc.com)
North River Lobster Company (northriverlobsterco.com)
World Yacht (worldyacht.com)