New York, NY 10036
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates 24 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi sightseeing and transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurant, North River Lobster Company.
We are searching for a Marketing Coordinator who is dynamic, passionate, organized, and a creative team member. Duties will include analysis, project management, copywriting and social post development. Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing, they will work closely with leadership and the Marketing Team to execute New York Cruise Line’s overall marketing strategy.
· Support marketing managers in the management of select projects using project management tools.
· Assist with photography and content creation to support the development of social media posts for two of our five brands.
· Oversee marketing accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely invoice processing.
· Coordinate and plan special projects or events, such as photo shoots.
· Perform market research on industry, geographic, competitor and client trends to put together reports.
· Prepare marketing and promotional materials.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
• 1-2 years’ experience in marketing or related environment.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
• Flexible, proactive, highly organized and able to prioritize.
• Strong time management skills and be able to work under tight deadlines.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• A strategic thinker with a passion for learning.
• Self-motivator and a keen eye for detail.
• Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator experience preferred.