New York, NY 10036
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates 24 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi sightseeing and transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurant, North River Lobster Company.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing the full life cycle of projects, including ensuring projects adhere to agreed-upon scope, timeliness and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSNSIBILTIES
· Reporting directly to the IT Director to develop business requirements, project scope and project plans.
· Manage all facets of project management: budget tracking, schedule, quality & risk for all projects
· Develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including project plans, requirements, specifications, and process flows; develop strong understanding of essential business needs and processes.
· Coordinate and conduct status meetings with project teams and manage relationships with third party vendors and internal departments.
· Develop framework with various departments to ensure that projects are prioritized, clearly communicated and executed upon.
· Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
· Ensure resource availability and allocation
· Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years project management experience or PMP certified.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven technical project management skills with demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex technical projects.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results
- Knowledge of project management concepts and methodology such as agile, scrum, Six Sigma and ITIL is a plus.