New York, NY
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the preeminent marine-based sightseeing, dining, entertainment and transportation company. As the parent company of the iconic Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, New York Water Taxi, The Beast Speedboat, North River Lobster Company, and World Yacht, NYCL is host to over 2 million guests annually.
Our fleet of over 20 boats are a fixture in global tourism. In addition to being recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” our world-famous cruises include a dazzling array of options for tourists and locals alike including: hop-on, hop off sightseeing, a thrilling “roller coaster” on the water, casual dining and happy hour on a floating lobster shack, fine dinner cruises (with spectacular views!) on an elegant yacht, and whole boat charters for private events, parties, concerts, and special occasions.
Headquarter on the shore of the Hudson River Park near 42nd Street in Midtown Manhattan, NYCL offers a unique working environment, supportive and fun culture, great benefits, and incredible opportunities to thrive, innovate and make an impact.
New York Cruise Lines has an immediate opportunity for a flexible, self-starting, hard-working and organized individual to work as a Laborer.
- Able to perform general maintenance
- Able to perform touch-up paint jobs as well as full paint job using brush roll or hand brush
- Clean equipment, vehicles, machinery, and work areas using water and other cleaning agents, vacuums, hoses, brushes, cloths, or other cleaning equipment
- Able to handle multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Operate various types of tools such as pneumatic, electric, and hand
- Move materials, tools, and/or equipment manually or with dolly, hand truck, cart, forklift
- May be required to perform other duties as deemed necessary for job completion
- Familiarity in the marine industry preferred
- Must be able to bend, kneel, and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to lift and move objects of 50+ pounds
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors; in all weather conditions
- Must be comfortable with doing manual labor for 8-10 hours a day
- All above shall be performed in a safe and timely manner
- Work well under pressure, be professional, efficient, and courteous
- Must be able to take direction from Supervisor or more experienced workers
- Work hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday