New York, NY 10036
Salary: $20.00 /hour
HVAC Technician Description
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates 24 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi sightseeing and transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurant, North River Lobster Company.
We are searching for a full-time, HVAC Technician to be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing our heating and cooling systems.
· Provide general HVAC installation, repair, and services.
· Clean and tune furnaces and boilers to spec.
· Must be able to work with inspectors, suppliers, and co-workers to ensure correct project work, while abiding by all codes.
· Know local HVAC codes and be able to apply them in practical manner on each job.
· Participate in all required staff meetings and trainings.
· Help maintain and promote a high company moral, professional, and friendly work environment.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an HVAC Technician
• Must have experience with installation of heating and air conditioning systems. Includes gas furnaces, heat pumps, electric heat, boilers, and oil heaters.
• Relevant licenses and certifications.
• Ability to pass a background check and drug test
• Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and supervisors.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Hard working and motivated