New York, NY 10036
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates 24 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurants, North River Lobster Company and La Barca Cantina.
We are searching for an Events Coordinator who is dynamic, passionate, organized, and a creative team member. Duties will include arranging administrative details for meetings, group bookings, and various other tasks requested in the sales office. Under the direction of the Vice President of Sales, they will work closely with leadership, Sales and Marketing Team to execute New York Cruise Line’s overall strategy.
· Serving as a liaison between guests, clients, vendors and staff.
· Communicate daily with internal and external customers, prospects, partners and vendors while exhibiting the highest degree of professionalism, courtesy and diplomacy.
· Type and process correspondence, proposals and contracts.
· Oversee projects from conception to completion.
· Performing general office duties to support the Sales and Marketing team.
· Preparing sales-related documents throughout the sales process.
· Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintain guest loyalty.
· Gathering materials and assembles information packages such as brochures and promotional materials.
· Post event reconciliation such as thank you notes to clients/vendors, invoicing payments, paying vendors, hosting post event internal recap with team.
· Enter, retrieve, reconcile and verify information.
· Coordinating and conducting site visits, along with various marketing activations.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
• 1-2 years’ experience in event coordinating or related environment.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
• Team player who enjoys working with different members within the organization
• Strong time management skills and be able to work under tight deadlines.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• A strategic thinker with a passion for learning.
• Self-motivator and a keen eye for detail.