New York, NY
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the preeminent marine-based sightseeing, dining, entertainment and transportation company. As the parent company of the iconic Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, New York Water Taxi, The Beast Speedboat, North River Lobster Company, and World Yacht, NYCL is host to over 2 million guests annually.
NYCL is looking for two motivated individuals to work in our mid-town and Brooklyn locations as Port Engineers.
The Port Engineer will be working directly with our maintenance team and responsible for all day-to-day operations including: scheduling of team members to perform all maintenance and repairs in accordance with OEM and USCG specifications, our company planned maintenance, and SMS systems.
- Prioritize and manage daily planned and unplanned maintenance and repairs
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure company equipment are properly maintained
- Capable of prioritizing repair assignments without compromising the safety of our vessels
- Routinely inspects all areas of the vessel for unsafe conditions
- Ensures all mechanical equipment on all vessels are in serviceable condition at all times
- Coordinate with Port Captains regarding scheduling of planned maintenance
- Develop and initiate corrective actions to prevent down time of vessels
- Train engineers with regard to all vessels systems and USCG regulation
- Must be willing to work weekends and on holidays
- Take phone calls and resolve mechanical issues on vessels while underway
- Working knowledge of USCG regulations
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Five-year experience working as a lead marine mechanic and supervising a crew
- Experience with Cummins and John Deere Engines
- Experience working with Twin Disc gears
- Knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical systems and component
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance
- Proficient with computers including word and excel
- Valid drivers’ license and clean driving record
- Valid TWIC Card
Job Condition and Environment:
- Travel may be involved on certain projects
- Ability to work in confined spaces and in adverse weather
- Takes communications 24 hours a day, including weekends, concerning vessel maintenance, repair, and operations
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume as a WORD document.