New York, NY 10036
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
New York Cruise Lines (NYCL) is the parent company of industry-leading travel, tourism, entertainment, and restaurant businesses that emphasize the ultimate in hospitality set to the beauty of the NYC skyline. NYCL owns and operates 24 ships, including the most extensive and modern fleet in the sightseeing industry. NYCL’s most iconic brand, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, is a fixture in global tourism, hosting more than 80 million passengers since 1945. Recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride,” Circle Line is world-famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. Operating from Pier 83 in Hudson River Park at 42nd Street and 12th Avenue, (convenient to Times Square, The High Line and Hudson Yards) and Pier 16 near the South Street Seaport and the World Trade Center, Circle Line is the oldest and largest provider of sightseeing cruises using the most modern vessels. NYCL also operates the iconic New York Water Taxi sightseeing and transportation fleet, New York’s only maritime thrill-ride, The Beast, New York’s premier luxury-charter fleet, World Yacht, and innovative maritime restaurant, North River Lobster Company.
We are searching for a full-time, skilled Electrician to be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing our electrical, control systems and machinery. They will design, modify and upgrade the electrical control systems.
· Install, maintain, and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
· Read technical diagrams and blueprints
· Perform general electrical maintenance
· Inspect transformers, circuit breakers, and other electrical components.
· Troubleshoot electrical issues using the appropriate testing devices
· Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures.
· Follow the National electrical code state and local regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Participate in all required staff meetings and trainings.
· Help maintain and promote a high company moral, professional, and friendly work environment.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Electrician or Technician.
• Completion of electrician apprenticeship.
• Excellent dexterity skills as well as patience, creativity, good judgment and an eye for detail.
• Ability to pass a background check and drug test
• Physical demands include frequently standing, walking, crouching, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and supervisors.
Hard working and motivated